I have a background as director of research and development with a large bakery in Michigan with an annual income of $60 million. My clients have included national companies, as well as local businesses.
My services include:
• Product and menu development
• Evaluation of production flow efficiencies
• Bakery science expertise including low fat, gluten free, and sugar free products
• Pastry demonstrations and hands-on pastry classes. These are useful as team-building events for small or large business organizations
• Expertise and chocolate and sugar work
I currently teach the pastry arts to aspiring young culinarians at Schoolcraft College in Livonia, Michigan. I have been a member of the faculty of Schoolcraft College for 22 years. During my tenure, I have contributed to the growth of the Baking and Pastry Arts Program, and now it is a hands on, intensive 1 year certificate program.
I have coached our student culinary teams to two national championships at the ACF national convention in Las Vegas and Washington DC in 2001 and 2003.
Ideas in Pastry Then and Now